Designs & Organizes!
RESUME - PDF
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE:
RoGallery.com: Creative Director – Librarian
Long Island City, New York • Feb ’07 – Present
- Webmaster and Graphic Designer for extensive modern and contemporary art collection.
- Advertising and Marketing designer and coordinator.
- Digital content manager; contact and image database; inventory management and auction technician.
- Manage social networking, blogging, and content on fine art partner websites.
- Manage, catalog, and acquire art books and auction catalogs for in-house library.
- Information Technology Assistant.
Freelance Work: Professional Web and Graphic Designer
Oct '02 - Present
- Create, design, and maintain website & print materials for businesses, non-profits, & volunteer.
- Websites Include: kilbornalley.com, giselabeker.net & boundlessbooks.org
Hyundai Merchant Marine Shipping: Imports Office Manager
IItasca, Illinois • Jul ’05 – Oct ‘05
- Created and established organization in database management as a temporary employee.
- Quickly promoted to both an administrative manager and customer service role.
Careerbuilder.com: Media Sales Account Manager
Chicago, Illinois, Apr ’05 – Jul ‘05
- Sold newspaper and internet job listings for The Tribune Company, Newsday and Careerbuilder.com.
- Established large client base for sales in New York City and won numerous awards for great sales talent.
VOLUNTEER & OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE
Psychoanalytic Study Center: Graphic Designer and Librarian
New York, NY, Jan. 2009 - Present
- Create materials for events at the center and organize digital materials for the organization.
Animal Project: Volunteer Pet Photographer
New York, NY, 2007 - present
- Photograph adoptable pets for shelter and create website information for cats and dogs looking for homes.
Millikin University and Belleville East High School: Assistant Catalog Librarian - Illinois, 2000 - 2003
- Assisted in cataloging using both card catalogs and OPAC.
- Assisted as well as a clerk and reference librarian.
EDUCATION & ACADEMIC ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Pratt Institute (ALA): M.L.I.S., Information and Library Science
New York, NY, Jan ’08 – Dec ‘09
Library Science degree coursework focus: collection access & management, cataloging, children’s services, art librarianship,
information technology, museum education, and archival studies.
Completed coursework for Museum and Archives certification.
Graduated with Distinction – 3.96 GPA.
Student Member - American Library Association, Art Libraries Society of North America, & New York Library Association.
EDUCATION & ACADEMIC ACCOMPLISHMENTS (cont.)
Student Project Archivist • Plymouth Church of the Pilgrims; Brooklyn, NY, Fall 2008
Assisted in archiving collection of materials from the 1850s – 1890s from the Church of the Pilgrims, developed finding aid,
re-housed, and organized materials.
Writing • “The Children’s Museum: History, Careers, Issues and the Future” submitted to ALA for Pratt Accreditation.
Millikin University: B.A., Communications emphasis in Media Studies
Decatur, Illinois, Aug ’02 – Dec ‘04
SIU – Edwardsville, Aug ’01 – May ‘02
Research, media, and design focused program.
Graduated in 3.5 yrs. 3.65 GPA, 4.0 within major, Dean’s List, sLambda Pi Eta member, Communications Honor Society.
Professor’s Assistant • Introduction to Mass Media; CO301; Communication Lab Coordinator, 2004
Vice President / Treasurer • Millikin University Concert Committee, 2001 - 2004
- Personally booked and managed budget ($5000 a semester), led a 100 person organization, and created promotional
material and web marketing for over 40 concerts; with up to 2000 people in attendance on campus.
Radio DJ and Music Advisor • WSOY and WJMU, 2002 - 2004
PC • 20 yrs. exp. / Mac • 10 yrs. exp.
Microsoft Office Suite • 16 yrs.
Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, InDesign & Illustrator • 10 yrs
Cataloging: MARC, AACR2, Library of Congress Rules & Subject Headings, Voyager, Cataloguer’s Desktop, OCLC • 1 yr.
Archival/Database: ContentDm, ACT!, Embark • 3 yrs.
Conservation & Preservation Training
Audio: Radio Sound Board
Intermediate French and Spanish fluency – Italian (reading only)